My system for doing business as a copywriter.
In all my writing I have the goal to help you increase your sales through marketing copy to your customers and potential customers.
I have a series of steps to help us accomplish that goal.
- I want to find out as much about your company and business as possible. First, I have a discovery document that helps me know what makes your company unique and amazing. I’ve had people tell me this has helped them understand their own business and what they want from it.
- I will send you an introductory letter to fill you in on what my capabilities are.
- Once we know each other better, we can talk about any projects that you might have in mind for me. I then send you a creative brief template to help us both set a goal for the first project.
- Once we agree on a goal for a project, I will write an outline of my proposal for your project along with associated fees. You may then suggest changes and we negotiate until both are satisfied. At that point I will submit an invoice for half of the proposed cost. Upon receipt of that payment, I will proceed to write the contents for your project. I will update you regularly on the progress, if it is not something that can be completed in a couple of days. I frequently write and rewrite several drafts until it feels right. So even something that may take only 20 minutes to read, can take several days to compose.
- After completion of each project we can transition into additional ways to further your marketing efforts.